Wow! There comes a time in every baby blogger’s life when they say, “What? Who me? You’ve noticed me?”
I want to give a super big shout out to Cyana at The Sensible Scrap for nominating me as an Inspiring Blogger and giving me my “Who me?” moment. The Sensible Scrap is a beautiful cooking blog that takes such a wholesome, creative and, well, sensible approach to food. Her food is imaginative and inventive, yet comforting, practical and thrifty! She believes in whole foods and natural ingredients that nourish our bodies. Yet, her recipes are flavorful enough and intense enough for my spicy palette. My favorite recipe from The Sensible Scrap would have to be they don’t have to know: warm shredded brussels sprouts. Check it out!
Here are the rules:
- Copy and paste the Award graphic in a post.
- Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog.
- Share 7 things about yourself.
- Nominate 15 bloggers, and tell them by posting a comment on their blog.
SEVEN THINGS ABOUT THIS HOT AND SPICY GIRL
1. I grew up in San Diego, went to college in Los Angeles and spent the next five years in Santa Barbara. So, ya, I am a Southern California girl through and through.
2. Two years ago I moved out to Philadelphia for Mr. Hot and Spicy’s job. But it was always meant to be a temporary move and, at the end of the summer, we’re moving again. We could move anywhere in the country. We still don’t know where. This type of lifestyle is not recommended for control freaks.
3. We unofficially got engaged one summer night over a bottle of wine. I was fairly anti marriage throughout our relationship. As an ongoing joke, he would ask me to marry him. I would roll my eyes. But that night, when he made the same joke again, it suddenly made all the sense in the world to say yes.
4. Five years later, I’m still deeply in love with him. He’s my rock.
5. Both my parents were born and raised in Guadalajara, Mexico. You know the man from the Tapatío bottle? We’re both from the same place.
7. On my 29th birthday, I set a goal. Over the course of a year, I would learn to appreciate, if not like, all foods that had previously repulsed me. I made a list. On that list was rare steak, uni, beer, kale, martinis and organ meat. I conquered everything but liver and martinis. Oh well, maybe I’ll conquer those in time for my 40th birthday.
NOMINATED INSPIRING BLOGGERS
There are so many amazing bloggers out there that it was hard to choose only 15. I tried to choose mostly bloggers that are fairly new but show major passion for what they do. They are ready to blow up! I also chose a few bloggers that are more established and give me something to aspire to.