This is an awesome weeknight dinner. Trader Joe’s carries a delicious marinated mahi-mahi in its frozen aisle that makes this dinner so easy. No Trader Joe’s? Just choose a firm, white fish (tilapia, hake, mahi-mahi) and sprinkle with salt, pepper, cumin, paprika and lemon juice after cooking.
While the fish is cooking, blend the aioli sauce and prep veggies. I like to roast broccoli because I like adding it to my taco. Weird, but delicious.
Fish Tacos with a Light Garlic Aioli
For the Aioli:
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 3/4 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed or minced
- Salt to taste
- Dash of cayenne pepper
For the Tacos:
- 2 lbs fish (or TJ’s marinated mahi-mahi)
- Optional spices- cumin, paprika, lemon juice, salt, pepper
- 8 corn tortillas
- cilantro (optional)
- broccoli (optional)
1. If you’re making broccoli, throw it into the oven with a bit of olive oil and salt. Bake at 400˚ for 30 minutes or so. The broccoli should start looking dark brown at the tips.
3. While the fish is cooking, add all the aioli ingredients into the blender. Blend until the garlic has been well incorporated.
4. If you’re using unmarinated fish, add the optional spices and lemon juice once it’s finished cooking. Stir to coat well.
5. Warm the tortillas in the microwave or stove top.
6. To serve the tacos, layer 2 ounces of fish on each tortilla and cover with 1 tablespoon of aioli and some cilantro. Repeat with remaining tacos.
7. Drizzle each serving of broccoli with 1 tablespoon of aioli.
Yields: 2 servings
Serving Size: 2 tacos (4 ounces of fish total) with a side of broccoli with aioli
WW Points+: 7